The purpose of this course is to discover the way computer networks operate through a rapid overview of the various levels involved, ranging from the physical link to a distributed application.
Basic knowledge of Java.
- The operation of a local network illustrated by Ethernet: components (hub, switch), basic protocol …
- Internet operation: routing, IP number, link with local network (ARP), overview of ICMP, UDP and TCP protocols.
- Various higher-level protocols: DNS (Internet fields), SMTP/IMAP (messages), HTTP (web).
- Network security components: firewalls, cryptographical tools.
- Programming of low-level network applications with Sockets.
Half of the course will be made up of practicals.
Through practice sessions.
Pierre GUILLOU ; Claire MEDRALA|
Graduate 2nd year
|Nb. of hours
|Nb. of lessons
11 Mar 2013 13:46 by f.coelho